The Carmen B. Pingree Center for Children with Autism provides comprehensive
treatment, education and related services for children with autism and their
families. We use and develop best practices, validated by research, while
treating students and their families with dignity and respect. We partner with
families, universities, service agencies, the government and our community to
assist those affected by autism. We undertake and support research to better
understand autism, its causes and eventual cure.
- Exceed expectations of students and their families by offering high
quality education and treatment with measurable results.
- Provide comprehensive services by creating and maintaining core
competencies; identify and coordinate services available elsewhere; and
demonstrate the necessity and benefits of early intervention
- Insure safety and highest quality services for students by using
current and traditional research - validated procedures.
- Expand understanding, assist in community education and develop
community involvement in autism services.
- Serve those who are unable to attend the school by training current
and future autism professionals and service providers in best practices and
- Conduct and support research into the causes of autism, and its eventual